Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Not enough hours in the day

This is an expression you always hear adults saying...now I'm saying it. I guess I'm an adult now!

I read a response to an article in Triathlete magazine the other night. The article was how to avoid getting divorce while training for an Ironman... I wonder if this applies to Fiance's as well?

The lady who wrote it read the article to late she said, because she recently divorced while her and her spouse where training for an Ironman. I did some research and found a good article that gives you 5 tips on how to manage the training schedule and still maintain a healthy family, productive work enviroment and maintain a social life.

5 Ways to Have a Triathlon Training Schedule Without Getting a Divorce 

I don't think I will get divirced, I mean I have to be married first and thats not happening until May, but I have the 5 rules down patt and think John and I will survive.

 In response to a few post from some awesome followers. They asked how much swimming, running and biking I'm doing. Well it changes as I progress through the phases. Right now I'm in Phase 1. which is the adaption phase. My swims are anywhere from 1200 total Yards to 2000 yards. Run is done by time and i'm doing 30-60 min. And the Bike is 1hr - 2.5 hr with intervals. This will all ramp up. Today I did 1400yards in the pool and a 3mile run after. It varies, right now is the easy stuff..Oh and I'm also lifting 2 days a week!

Some days like today I swam 1400 yards and ran 3miles. Other days I will just lift upper body and do core workout.

I'm still having fun!

Happy New Year to everyone. Be safe.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sense of humor! Very funny. All the best for 20120, Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Funny. Keep it up girl.

    ReplyDelete