Monday, December 28, 2009

2 Weeks down, 34 more to go!







I hope everyone had a great Christmas weekend. I know I did for sure.


Here's a short recap of the holiday weekend.

Christmas Eve- Dinner at John's Dad (Pete) and Diane.
Christmas Morning- Watch puma open presents, watch a Christmas story, and I had to ride my bike for 1hr and 15min and do intervals! ( I watched the Kona Ironman again to get inspiration!)
Christmas Afternoon- Pick up Jordan and watch him open his presents at our house.
Christmas post-Afternoon/Evening- Dinner and presents at John's Mom (Pat) and Joe's.
Day after Christmas- Swimming, take Jordan home and post Christmas gift exchanges for different sizes!
Last day of Christmas weekend- Bike ride OUTSIDE with John. I love riding with John, we also saw my old teammate Pam and John's friend Pat and Jeff. It was a good thing we did see Pat who also does the mechanic work for us, because my cable broke 30 min into our ride. Lucky for me it was the cable to the big ring, so I left it in the small ring since we were out in the hills. Hopefully that gets fixed today!

Overall I had a great weekend. Although I didn't see my family, I had a great time with my soon to be in-laws!

Whats going on this week-

Monday- Rest Day
Tuesday- Bike
Wednesday- Run & Swim
Thursday- Weights & Run
Friday - Weights ( hopefully the gym is open)
Saturday- Swim & Bike
Sunday- Run

I'm still loving the training. I got some new workout clothes for christmas and some awesome things for my Gym bag from Adventure Woman, I have no excuses!

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. I love your photos. How far do you run, swim and bike on your schedule? I would like to know. Thxs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for wearing the REAL Adventure Woman shirt! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What advice can you give me. I want to do my first triathlon in 2010. I am in fair shape and can bike and run. I have never ran farther than a 5K. I am 35 years old. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ginger

    First you need to decide what distance tri you want to do. that will determine what your training will be. The very first Tri I did was a Sprint Tri. 400 meter swim, 11 mile bike and a 5K run. Short and sweet and so much fun. It was a great way to get introduced into the sport. There is nothing worse than getting through the first leg (swim) and not having fun and still have to more portions to go!

    With that said...throw your age out the window...it means NOTHING! Pick your Tri. From there if it's a sprint you can train at the distance you will race. The longer the race its more important to be putting the time into the training in all areas and not worrying so much about going the full distance. You want to train about 15-20% less distance than your race. For my marathon training the furthest I ran was 20, and did 3 of those runs along the way.

    Does this help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hanna,

    Right now I'm in Phase 1. which is the adaption phase. My swims are anywhere from 1200 total Yards to 2000 yards. Run is done by time and i'm doing 30-60 min. And the Bike is 1hr - 2.5 hr with intervals. This will all ramp up. Today I did 1400yards in the pool and a 3mile run after. It varies, right now is the easy stuff..Oh and I'm also lifting 2 days a week!

    ReplyDelete