Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Kickin' in the pool!

First official swim today. I started my day nice and early with John. He gets up at 5am for work, so this morning I joined him. Puma our Boston Terrier stayed in bed nice and comfy. I was at the gym nice and early and to my surprise the pool was hoppin! This was the first time swimming at the gym by my work and I was excited because it is a salt water pool. I had to share a lane with someone, which was fine. The nice thing about all the swimmers there was you know they were serious because who swims at 6:30am! I gathered from the swim caps that they were triathletes, and after a few introductions I made some friends and some new people to train with. One of the guys (Joe) actually did the Louisville Ironman this past year. They invited me to swim with there club when they do open water swims. I was so happy about this, because the open water swim was giving me some anxiety. I didn't know where to do it and I wasnt thrilled about doing it by myself. I guess it pays to be chipper in the morning. The only bad thing about working out so early besides the fact I was done my workout before the sun came up, is that I have already eaten three times today and it's only 12:30!! Good thing I packed a couple snacks. Tonight I'm making Shepards Pie for John. He is half English and lived in London for sometime, so I thought I would give him a taste of his hometown.

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! So impressive. Keep up the great work Meagan! You're a star. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I'm never out of bed until after 9AM. Good for you. dedication pays off.

    ReplyDelete