Wednesday, December 23, 2009

23 inches of snow and still going!



This past weekend we had a "blizzard," as some weather reporters call it. I think we just got a lot of snow. It started falling late Friday night for us in Langhorne. By the time I woke up on Sat morning there was a good covering on the ground, but not enough to stop my Fiance John from taking his cross bike into the woods for a ride. He makes me so proud:)

We had Jordan last weekend so I spent the morning hanging with him, watching christmas movies and eating breakfast. When John got back I only had a two hour window to get to the pool before they closed. The worst portion of the "blizzard" would be hitting around 2pm. John and Jordan dropped me off at the Gym and I did my swim workout. I keep getting bad headaches after my workouts in the chlorine pools, but i'm fine in the alt pools. I hope this goes away,
because I was hurting the rest of the day.

Sunday the snow stopped, but at that point we were pretty covered. Living in an apartement complex, they have people to clear out the sidewalks and walkways...at 4AM!!!!! Not fun, but at least I didn't have to do it. I made the best breakfast ever for my boys. In honor of the snow i made snowman pancakes, with bacon for the hat and mini chocolate chips for the eyes, mouth, nose and buttons and syrup for the arms!!

My discipline today was running..on the track. That clearly was not going to happen seeing how it was covered in snow, and I don't know of an indoor track to use. But before any of the could happen, my brother Pat and wife Helena came up for the afternoon. We all took Jordan to the ice skating rink, and was surprised at how empty it was. I was not complaining. Lunch followed then it was time to run.

I ran outside all last winter training for the Boston Marathon, so I was used to the cold. I bundled up and headed out doors. It felt great, I love running outside. I would run in any condition outside as long as i didn't have to run on a treadmill! The snow made it challenging, but thats part of the adventure!

Week 1 down and 36 to go!

This week looks as follows.
Monday-Rest
Tuesday-Run and Core
Wednesday-Swim
Thursday-Lower Body and Run
Friday- Bike
Saturday-Swim
Sunday-Bike

I had to switch around my Thursday and Friday workout since the gym is not open on Christmas day...seriously don't they know I need to train!

Tuesdays Run on the treadmill was pretty dreadful, but managed to not go completely crazy. My swim this morning at 6:30am hurt. My arms were super tired this morning. I'm ready for bed already, but I have to work.

I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Holiday. Don't eat too much so you regret it later and remember a Thank You goes a long way:)

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holiday... Take a rest. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running in the snow! How beautifully adventurous.

    Keep up the great work! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete