Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Congrats and Throwbacks

 
FIRST SPRINT TRI (9th in novice)


2nd SPRINT TRI (3rd in age group) (sister michele is holding sign)

  

8th grade track and field!!


Junior Varsity Cheerleading (my dad loved me cheering..NOT)

Last week came and went just as fast as the week before. Workouts were great. Feel like my stroke is really coming along which makes me happy. Saturday was a big workout for me.

2150 yards in the pool followed by a 3 hr bike ride. John and I had planned to ride with his dads club in NJ, but since the temps would be 0 degrees when we would be waking up we changed our plans. I was going to suck it up and ride the trainer. After my swim at the pool I headed straight home and got on my bike. I had tons of shows recorded so I was able to get caught up!

Did I mention I rode the trainer for 3hrs!!! Just checking.

On to a new week...WEEK 8 of training

This is the last week of Phase 1, next week is a recovery week:)

Mon- Rest
Tue- Bike (1hr)
Wed- Lower Body weights & Core
Thur- Swim (1550 yards)
Fri- Upper body weights & Run
Sat- Swim & Bike (easy swim followed by 3hr on bike)
Sun- Trail Run

If you haven't heard me before say how supportive my family is then let me just say...my family rocks. I was going through some photos and came across a few of the tri's I did back in 2001&2002. Man I had some bad hair! I'm starting to look at plans for the Ironman, travel, sleeping arrangements and seeing which family members would like to come. My sister Michele was planning on coming which made me so excited, but it made me even more excited when she told me she was having a BABY!!!! Since she is due in August she won't be able to come but will be their in spirit.

My brother Mike and his wife Alycia are also having a baby if I didn't mention that either. They are having a girl, Izabella Ellen Esmonde.....SO EXCITING!!

Congrats to everyone.

On a training note I think everything is going along great. I still feel like I'm not doing that much since it's spread out over many days, and I miss my long runs, but I know I just have to be patient because the big workouts are to come.

Life is good though..really good! Enjoy the pictures and please don't judge any of us for the bad hair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment