Thursday, February 11, 2010

blizzards, snowmen, poweroutage and more

 
  
  
 

So this blizzard that I had mentioned on Monday, it hit and it hit big and bad.

I lived in Havertown, PA until the summer of '89, when I was 7yeats old. I remember sledding, and jumping in big piles of leaves and lots of things at my grandparents house, but the rest I visit in Photographs. I have no memory of building a snowman or building a fort out of snow, or even having a snowball fight. I know it all happened, but I just don't remember.

Yesterday, I worked from home. It's hard working from home with all the distractions...dog, fiance, snow... you get the picture. First thing wednesday morning I built a snowman. it was great. Did some work. Built a snow fort while John went for a mountain bike ride and then had a snowball fight with some of the kids in our complex. Then back to work.

We lost power during Jeopardy last night... I love Jeopardy and it was the college edition so I'm guaranteed to get a lot of anwsers right!! I still had to take a shower, which I did in the dark and was lucky that there was still hot water. The storm hit us really bad north of Philadelphia where John and I live, the snow was up to my hip is some places.

I dug my car out late last night, I was bored, John went to bed so I did physical labor which I'm regretting now. My back aches and biceps are sore...guess I don't need to go to the gym! I had to go into work today and my coworker Sam was kind enough to take me in, I wasn't comfortable driving on the snow/icy roads.

I took yesterday off training, and will resume today and tomorrow. It's a good thing I was on a rest week when the storm hit. I leave Sat morning for NY with my sister Michele. We are taking the train to NY for my dress fitting. I can't wait. The wedding is 99 days away!!! It's almost here, which means Alycia's and Michele and Cara's (friend who is also having a baby) babies will be coming and of course.... THE IRONMAN. So excited for everything.

Thank you everyone for your support in this blizzard and throughout the training. Another storm is headed for us on Monday, lets hope it doesn't come. I don't know where they will put all the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment