Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Brides, Bodies and Bostons!!

Recovery week is over and I'm back into the swing of things with my training...boy am I happy about that. As much as I enjoyed the sleeping in, I missed the working out. I love the feel of a good hard workout.
This past weekend was a whirlwind of fun. It started on the train in Trenton where I met my sister Michele who traveled up from DC. We reached Penn Station, NY a little after noon, walked across the street to our hotel and quickly checked in (thanks to Michele's mad skills). The lobby of the Hotel Pennsylvania looked the an airport terminal.

The Westminster Dog show preliminary competition was this past weekend and our hotel was the host hotel, which meant...dogs everywhere. Michele and I were in heaven. Our Aunt Pixie and Aunt Maggie met us at the hotel before we jumped in a cab and headed to the Village where my appointment at JCrew was. At the time of the fitting I owned 2 wedding dresses, the same one just different sizes. With all the training I was doing I lost weight and needed something smaller. The dress fit great, just needed a few alterations. My Aunt Pixie works at the Lion King show on Broadway and her boss, Keld, was kind enough to do my alterations. So after a great lunch at John's Pizza in the Village, we headed to the Lion King for the actual fitting. We got to see the behind the scenes of the show, costumes, puppets and the best part was that we almost got taken out by a hyena running to her cue on stage!!

The rest of the weekend was filled with a crime scene on the subway, dinner in little Italy and shopping. I am exhausted and need a full day to catch up on my sleep!

This week starts the third phase of my training. This is the Aerobic Stage, 6 weeks long.

Mon- Swim
Tue- Weights
Wed- Bike
Thur- Run
Fri- Off
Sat- Swim & Bike
Sun- Run

I can't wait for the sun to come out and melt all this snow...we got more last night! I am ready for spring, ready to ride my bike outside and ready to BBQ!!!

4 comments:

  1. How totally cool to see the dogs for the Westminster dog show! Wow. What a fabulous and fantastic life. Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the work. We're pullin' for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Michele look alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you buy your vitamin drink? Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete