Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter Wonderland!!

 
  
 

The big Blizzard hit this weekend. The storm came from the south and when I spoke with my sister in DC on friday it had already started snowing there on friday late morning. They really got the brunt of the storm, but we still got alot. 24 inches is what the report was in Langhorne where John and I live. It is pretty to look at and play in but hard to train in, but we still managed.

Friday- Since I had a double workout and I wasn't sure when the snow was coming, I went to the gym before work. The gym was extra packed, I think everyone had the same idea that I did. We were able to leave work a little early on friday to get home, but still no sign of snow. It didn't start for us until late late friday night.

Saturday- woke up around 10 and the snow was there!!! It was still coming down...hard and fast. I woke up not feeling well with a pretty bad headache. I laid around for most of the morning, rode the trainer for a bit before John and I attempted to go sledding...Attempted is the key word. We got to the sledding hill with our sleds to find out that they don't go down the hill...so much for that. Since I was itching to be outside I deceided to go for a run. John had already ridden his mountain bike for 3 hrs today and I was really Jealous, He came with me on my 5k run. so sweet!!

Sunday-Got up early to hit the gym for my swim then home to ride the trainer. My swim was great. Just a continuous 15 min. I loved that. The bike was not so great, just boring. I can't wait to get on the road. After the workouts John and I did some wedding stuff and then took a nap. I still had that headache from sat that never went away and no it wasn't a hangover! I think it was coffee withdraw! We were having John's younger brother Dave over for the superbowl so instead of ordering out I thought to make all the favorite football foods. Homemade onion rings, homemade buffalo chicken tenders and chicken and bean nachos. My house now smells like a grease ball which is awful. I felt so gross cooking everything that I made a salad to eat instead!! The food did come out good though, I don't think I will be cooking that ever again!!

This week- ACTIVE RECOVERY!!! Great week for me!


Since we are getting another snow storm tomorrow I have to move my workouts around and double up.


Mon- Run & Core
Tue- Bike
Wed- Moved to monday, day of snow storm
Thur- Swim
Fri- Run
Sat- Off
Sun- Off

This weekend my sister Michele and I are going to NYC for my Wedding Dress Fitting!!!!! I am so excited. We are meeting my Aunt Pixie and Aunt Maggie up there. More details later!

enjoy your week, I know I will.

2 comments:

  1. Great dog photo and a rough schedule. Good luck at your fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be glad you had the salad at the dress fitting. LOL

    ReplyDelete