Friday, February 5, 2010

The big EPIPHANY!!!


Last night, when I was walking Puma I had an epiphany.  I know I have said before that I don’t feel like I’m training, that I’m not working out enough and that I should be doing more.

I know this sounds crazy. I’m working out 6 days a week. I sweat, get my heart rate up, have sore arms and legs and do it again the next day. But yet, I still don’t think I’m doing enough. I’m worried that in less than 30 weeks I’m not going to be ready for the Ironman.

So what’s the problem. I finally put to and to together and it is…

The NORTHEAST and The WINTER……big shock!

So I’ve been in Philadelphia for 4 years going on 5 this May. When I moved up here I was still bike racing. I soon stopped that because I could not handle the cold weather, so I tried running. I really took to that and my body was able to handle the cold better running than the bike. Marathon training was easy, I could run in pretty much anything. I loved it.

With the Ironman training it’s hard. Since the training has started I am in the gym or on the bike trainer in my living room 5 out of the 6 days I’m working out.

I AM GOING STIR CRAZY!! I feel like I need a heat lamp to stair in to take the depression away and restore my bodies vitamin D. Do they have that for indoor training?

As I write this, another snowstorm is heading our way. Looks like my weekend plans to ride my newly set-up time trial bike OUTSIDE has vanished. So I’m preparing myself mentally for my 3 hr training ride indoors. Instead of watching my favorite Thursday night TV shows, I’m saving them for my ride. It’s gonna rock. I hope to that I can get to the gym to swim so I don’t have to do laps in my bath tub!

If anyone has any connections with the weather God, can you please ask him/her to get warm soon, I don’t care what that stupid groundhog says about the winter being longer. I’m having faith that the warm air is coming soon.

Enjoy the sun for me mom and dad and send the heat my way:)

No comments:

Post a Comment