Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sew much going on

My beautiful Godson Davis, 1 day after he was born!

 
 Michele (mom), Davis and Cara


I have been MIA for a bit. I swear life never slows down, and I don't do anything to help slow it down either. Here is where I'm at without boring everyone to death.

2 weeks ago I finished off on the Penultimate training phase of the program. That was a really intense week, rounding it out with a 112 mile ride in 100+ degree weather, 2 10 mile runs, long swims and some more riding and running.... it was awesome. 

This past week was a much deserved and much anticipated active recovery. This meant, I only had to work out 3 days instead of 6! During the week off I caught up with some sleep, hung out with my husband and had an awesome weekend with my family up at my Godmothers house. My stepson Jordan is a little ball of energy, John and I are used to it, but it's fun to see others who aren't and are amazed at how he just keeps on going. It's awesome!

I also did a lot of sewing. I don't want to show what I made or say what I made just yet since the receiving parties follow my blog and I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I will say I impressed myself being a self taught sewer, and I plan to have an Etsy site up soon for people to buy my things! (Etsy is an online site for crafters to post there crafts to sell)

Current Standings:

Week 34 of 37 and 25 days to go!!!

I have just started my tappering. It's a pretty long taper but the way the program is set up, it makes sense. The next 2.5 weeks I will still be putting in the miles and hours, I just won't be doing 2-a-day workouts and doing the intensity. 

I am getting really excited for the race. I have been putting together my binder that has everything  could possibly need in it. List of grocery stores with detailed maps and directions to get there. My favorite restaurants, running stores, cycling stores, pharmacy... etc. As much as I would love to taste the local fare, I really want to eat what I know my body likes before the race and then after the race I will eat all of what Louisville has to offer!

I am also really excited to announce that my Godson Davis Jackson Coleman is finally here. He was born yesterday at 5:55pm in Maryland. He is so handsome and fully healthy. My sister Michele is also doing well and from what I heard, she rocked the delivery! John and I are leaving Friday to go see the little guy and I can't wait. Congrats to both Michele and Travis!!

I am looking for some good ideas to kill the time during our 12 hour drive to Louisville... please leave me suggestions.

Thanks everyone and a BIG THANK YOU to AW for an awesome care package I just got, with yummy oatmeal, dried fruit and nuts. Halfway through the sunflower seeds already!

later guys!

1 comment: