Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Wedding | Part 1



My husband and I are back from our honeymoon and back to reality... well trying to be at least!

There is so much to tell and I will have to paraphrase but I will break this into a two part section!!

Part 1 | Wedding Bliss

How do I describe the wedding and everything leading up to the big day... simply amazing does it best! I won't go into the boring details of getting nails done, stuffing hospitalty bags, because we all know it got done at somepoint. The wedding weekend for me started once we got to the venue.

Thursday | The day before the wedding.

Nails, lunch, running, packing the car, unloading the car, checking into the room, unpacking in the room, greeting early guests, and then the actual rehersal!!

It was starting to feel real seeing the room all set up with the seats and the pretty covers on them. Then even more real when I practiced walking in with my Dad!! The rehearsal went well, Travis did a great job and I was so excited to see him do the service for real!! After the rehearsal we were off to dinner at Ricks. My mother-in-law Pat did an amazing job setting up the dinner. We had it outside on the back deck of this great Italian restaurant. The food was sensational and I can't wait to go back on our anniversary! Once dinner was done John and I said our goodbyes until tomorrow when we would see eachother all fancy and almost married!!

Friday | Wedding Day!

I could not sleep Thursday night, but that doesn't come as a surprise to me, I am a terrible sleeper. I  woke up early to go for a run with Helena and Melissa. We ran for about 9 miles on the tow path the runs parallel to the Delaware River. I felt great after the run, quickly showered, grabbed some Starbucks coffee with the girls then headed to the hair salon... Salon Metro in Morrisville. My mom, mother-in-law, Aunt Pixie and brother Pat met us there. We had a blast there, Pat took so many pictures. Alycia & MIchele brought a great spread of food, homemade scones, fresh fruit and some bubbly. They kept making sure I ate. My hair and makeup came out great, I loved it and felt so fresh and chic, exactly what i was going for.


On the way back the girls and I stopped at this cute cafe called Blue Moon in Lambertville for a quick bite before pictures. I ate so much food, and I'm glad I did, beacuse taking pictures is really exhausting. It was getting more real as the events moved on, putting my jewelry on... the new pearl earings that John gave me as a gift, my sassy high heals, then the dress. I love my dress and loved how it looked on me, very romantic and sweet. John and I wanted to take pictures before the ceremony so we didn't feel rushed and could enjoy our time with our guests, but I still wanted to see John's face light up when he first saw me, so the Photographer, Pete staged a meeting and photographed the whole thing. He looked so handsome, I am a lucky girl. We took more photos than I have ever taken in my whole life, but it was fun and they came out great. You can view the photos my brother Pat took at the following link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=patrickesmonde&target=ALBUM&id=5477632369489456081&authkey=Gv1sRgCLvgs7jbipbcbA&feat=email

When we started lining up to walk down the isle it got super real. I asked my dad if he was ready to give me away and he said the first time I dropped him on the bike going up the hill on 535 (rode in orlando) he said that was the day he let me go... it was the sweetest thing I ever heard from him. I was ready. John looked so handsome waiting for me. My brother-in-law Travis performed the ceremony and he was AMAZING. I can't even describe what an amazing job he did. He was funny, and sweet and so true to John and I. I am so glad he performed the ceremony for us, I wonder if does funerals and baptisms too!!!! John seemed very nervous and wouldn't take his eyes off of Travis when we were saying our vows to eachother... it was so cute. So After we were officially married the rest of the night was ours to party.


The cocktail hour was a lot of fun, food was good and it was nice to finally relax and have a drink. John and I saw the reception room before the guests did and I was blown away with how it looked. All of my hard work payed off and it looked fantastic. The gusets loved everything, the food was good, everyone was dancing and seemed to have a good time. The toasts were sweet and heartfelt and the first dance was everything i thought it would be. After the party was done and John I went back to our room to change for the after party, we had a lovley suprise, a decorated room with candles, rose petals and champagne. We have such an amazing family that loves us, we are so lucky.


Sat & Sun | After the wedding


The rest of the weekend flew by fast. John raced on Sat in Wilmington, DE with my brother. Dinner with my parents, finishing packing for the honeymoon and taking care of my sick puppy. Puma was so upset that we were leaving that he was throwing up all day Sat... he is doing much better now.


John and I left for the honeymoon at 3am on Sunday. Tune in for all the details of the Honeymoon...


Now it's back to training. More on that too!


I just want to give a huge thank you to everyone who helped make our day so special. Michele you are such an amazing sister and I don't know what I would do without you. I love you all so much.

6 comments:

  1. Adventure Woman and staffJune 5, 2010 at 10:12 PM

    This is my very favorite post! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is romantic and sweet. Like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wedding and a lovely bride. Good for you. God Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete