Monday, June 14, 2010

I'll see u in 76 days Ironman!!

26 weeks down and 11 more to go!

This past week I finally felt like I was back on track with my training and the rest of my life. Things in the house are in order, my kitchen is in full function with all of the new pots and pans, pyrex, knives, plates, cups, you name it, it's in their and I love it all!!

The week ended on a positive note with a great weekend of training. Fri after work I got my long continuous swim in which felt great. Sat morning John and I did 100 miles on the bike and I felt really good, much better than the last 100miler we did and Sunday I hit the river with Helena to run 10 miles in the blazing heat.

I am in the last real training phase of the program and this is the most important.
My workouts will be longer and harder, and I think I'm ready for it.

Week 27 looks like:

Mon: Off
Tue: Swim (50min continuous swim) with some open water drill exercies
Wed: Run 12mile run
Thur: Brick (Bike 1.5hrs followed by 3miles run)
Fri: Bike (recovery with a few sprints)
Sat: SPRINT TRI (1/4mile swim, 12mile bike, 5k run)
Sun: Bike 5-6hr  followed by 7mile run

I'm excited to race this weekend. It's a small race, but my age group is one of the largest so I will have some competition which I like. My goal is to podium, and to get some good practice at my transitioning. I will practice that this week as well.

Have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment