Thursday, March 25, 2010

Get it together body...SERIOUSLY!!!


My body is starting to rebel against me. It does not like working out 6 days a week, planning a wedding, planning a trio baby shower, designing nursery's and only getting 5-6 hours of week. My brain and heart love to do those things so don't take this as a complaint, but once again I have gotten sick:(

For someone who hasn't gotten sick in a very long time, I have been sick since the beginning of my training. I have not found the balance or work/wedding/training/extra stuff to maintain the healthy flow.

It started last week on Thursday, I thought it was allergies, but the cold was sneaking back in:/
That weekend a lot was going on. My wedding shower was on Sat, so my sister Michele came up early on Friday. Sat am I had a big workout which I almost skipped but the weather was to nice to pass up. I did a 2 hour ride followed by a ten mile run. I felt physically fine muscle wise, my body was just tired.

The shower was at my Aunt Dee's and it was so great and a little weird all at the same time. People sit around you watching you open presents. I'm always used to giving presents back. I got a lot of great things and was so happy to see everyone that came. My sister did an amazing job. Love you Michele.

Sunday I hung out with my mom since she was still in town and went to a family function. I eventually got home and was able to see John for the first time that weekend.

Oh and I almost forgot, I did my first long swim. 1.25 miles in the pool on friday and it went GREAT!!
It was 88 laps, and I never lost count. I really enjoyed the long swim, can't wait for the next one.

I switched my Sunday to Friday so I would have off and it was nice. The cold got worse and I ended up losing my voice, which John enjoyed!!! I finally got it back Wed and that was the first day back to working out. I ran 6 miles and my body afterwards felt like it ran a marathon. Not Good. I will take Thursday off and do a small swim on Friday. I plan to pick things back up this weekend to do two days of Bricks. (Swim/Bike & Bike/Run)

I have learned my lessons. I will use the weekends for now on for Wedding stuff, luck for me there isn't much left. Hopefully this won't hinder my Ironman goals...I don't think it will.

Official Countdown:
57 days till Wedding
157 days till Ironman!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Swimming accessories online

    ReplyDelete