Monday, April 5, 2010

First 100 miler on TT bike!


Over the past week my body finally starting feeling back to normal.
I'm sure part of it had to do with getting more sleep and not over
doing it. I am just glad to be feeling normal.

So this past week was the end of the Aerobic Phase. I did change
around some of the workouts to fit my schedule and I felt like I
needed more time on the bike, so I rode more.

Saturday, John and I went out for a 100 mile bike ride. We left the
house at 6:30am and headed to the group ride in New Jersey. (we live
in PA) The ride would be approx 25 miles, we had to avg 15mph in order
to get there on time. The ride to NJ was a direct shot, but there was
one obstacle in our way...the Delaware River! We had to ride over the
Tacony-Palmayra Bridge to get there, that was the best part of the
whole ride. The group ride was nice and steady, I sat on the tail end
so I could be in my aero bars the whole time without anyone
complaining. The group ride was 50 miles so by the end of that John
and I already had 75 miles in. John's dad Pete, brought water and food
for use to refill for the 25mile ride back. Thanks Pete!! At this
point this has been the longest ride I have done for a long time, I
still felt good, but not great, The ride home was good, John pulled
the whole way, I wasn't complaining:) I relaxed the rest of the day
and I think that was the reason why I feel great today. Recovery is
such a key to a successful training regime. I am really good at doing
nothing!

To finish off the week I had a long swim. Unfortunately I keep getting
bad headaches during my swims, they get to the point of nausea. I
don't know why this is happening, but I want it to stop. Maybe I have
my goggles to tight. If anyone has any advice please let me know.

This coming up week is a recovery week. I was planning on doing a
duathlon on Sat, but with my Achilles still flaring up and the
ridiculous cost of the event, I am opting to pass.

Only four days working out this week, and I'm looking forward to the
down time. I hope to finish all of the flowers for the wedding and
some of the preparations for the baby shower.

Have a Happy Easter Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Love the photos. Glad you're getting back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your recovery week. Good luck with the flowers. Nice break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Prescription Swimming Goggles Australia

    ReplyDelete