Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 17 and only 16 days till the wedding!

Time has really flown by. It seems like yesterday I was running the Boston Marathon and getting engaged, and now the wedding is only days away, which means the Ironman is even closer.

Right now I am in the Endurance Phase of my training. I have been doing running speed work on the track and power workouts in the pool and longer rides on the bike. Unfortunately at the end of last week I caught another virus of some sort which put me out of commission for 3 days + 1 actual rest day. I am feeling worlds better, still have a lot of congestion which makes swimming interesting, but I don't feel like my head is all cloudy.

I start doing longer runs now which I am really excited to get back into. I miss them and look forward to my 12 miler this week.

Week 17 looks like this:


Mon: Off
Tue: Swim (power week 2 of 3 2150 yards)
Wed: Run (speed work)
Thur: Bike (power ride 35miles) I will do the group ride which is like a race pace avg 21mph
Fri: Run 12miles
Sat: Swim (power week 2 of 3 1900 yards)
Sun: 60 mile bike followed by a 9mile run

I hope that after the wedding and my life slows down a bit I can stop getting sick. 4 times already since I started training is a bit much. I have been getting more sleep and not staying up super late. I also limited my 6am workouts to once or twice a week. I think I am just overall exhausted. But on the positive I don't feel mentally exhausted. I only have a few more things for the wedding and I'm done. I have even packed my bag for the hotel and started my packing for the honeymoon!! I want the week before and the week leading up to the wedding to be nothing but training, hanging out with John and Puma and enjoying my time. I don't want to be doing wedding stuff the night before I get married. My plan seems to be working. And before you know it, John and I will be married and I will be on my week long Honeymoon!!! I can't wait.

I hope everyone has been enjoying the warmer weather, I know I have. Have an awesome week. Keep the rubber side down!

No comments:

Post a Comment