Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Swim Goggle Headache

Thank you to those who have taken the time to help me figure out why I have been getting these bad migrane like headaches while doing my long swims. From an article my sister-in-law Helena sent me and through some research of my own, i think I have what's called "Swim Goggle Headaches" I would keep tightening the straps if water leaked in and the pressure on the supraorbital nerves is whats causing the pain. here is a visual to show better.
 

My plan now is to go get a new pair of goggles that have a softer material around the base. Hopefully this works. Thanks again everyone.

On a side note, if you have sent emails as a response to this post, I never got it. I don't know where these emails go, so if you want to post something you can do it directly to the blog or use my other email.


megan.esmonde@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the explanation Megan. Good luck with the new Goggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Australia Diving Club

    ReplyDelete