Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 6 and mor fun to come



It seems like the older you get the less time you have. The weeks, days, years are flying by.

Over the weekend I turned a big 28. I don't feel any different or the sudden urge of "omg i'm almost 30 and i'm not married or having babies." There is alot of pressure on woman to have kids, a husband and a home before the age of 30. For me, I have the pressure of getting to Kona before the age of 30... I like my way better!!

I am so excited to get married, but John and I are in no rush to have kids together yet, the house would be our next step. But let's get back on focus, training.

By Sunday after a packed week I was done. The festivities started Friday night with Pat, Helena, John and I for sushi and Gelato. YUM! Saturday I changed my run from 4 miles to 10 miles. The weather was amazing and Helena and I miss running with each other. Sat afternoon, My sisters from DC arrived and we headed to my Godmothers for a big Post-Christmas/Surprise wedding/birthday party. Lots of food, family and Fun. We couldn't end the night if we didn't stay up to watch the Colts game. Sunday we did lots of wedding stuff and after my sisters went back to DC i still had to swim and ride.

Let's just say I was in bed at 8:30 sunday night. TIRED would be an understatement.

This week is as follows.

MON- Off
TUE- Turbo Sprints on Bike
WED-Swim 1200 yards
THUR- Upper body/core weights
FRI- Run and Testing
SAT- Swim
Sun - Bike & Run

This Friday John and will be in DC. Thanks to my brother-in-law Travis and his awesome staff at CycleLife USA they are doing all sorts of tests on me to see my wattage output, VO2max, lactatte threshold, body fat..etc and so much more. I will be sure to take lots of pictures of crazy things straped to my face and me sitting in the BodPod machine.

If your ever in DC check out CycleLife USA, it's an amazing bike shop/fittness center.

www.cyclelifeusa.com

have an awesome week.




1 comment:

  1. the thing I always loved about you is your love of life and look where it has taken you/us.

    can't wait for the wedding... love the design, it's so you :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete