Friday, February 18, 2011

Shorts, I ran in shorts....

The past two days have been glorious. I ran outside in SHORTS! I can't get to excited, the temps are dropping, but it sure was nice. We even turned the heat off and opened the windows. I think Puma was the happiest of the bunch, nice long walk without a sweater on!!

I'm excited to have established a good group to run with. Last night I ran with Terry and Kayla out of the Moorestown Running Company. I hope to join them this weekend for my long run. They are both super fast and really positive, enthusiastic people. I also broke down and got a new pair of running shoes. Since I got to the group run early, I took the opportunity to speak with Ralph about my toe issues. I looked at the bottom of my shoes and knew exactly what my problem was. I roll my foot in when I run, but I have been wearing them to long that there was no more support inside and I started rolling my foot out, creating the blisters on the outer toes. I know my blisters and sore bone won't go away overnight, but it's the right step to recovery.

I am currently reading the book, "The Grace To Race". It's about a nun, Sister Madonna Buder. She is an amazing woman, runs marathons, does Ironmans, hikes and helps woman in need. Her book has become very inspirational for me. Not on a super religious level, but more on a "have faith" level. I really recommend this book to anyone who is struggling for inspiration for anything. Reading about her life and how she struggled and overcame obstacles really keeps my chin up. I also learned in the book to put tea bags on blisters, will try that tonight!

I have a 20mile run this weekend and off to the antique market/flea market for some scouting. I hope to get a booth when the weather gets nicer to start selling my baby items I have been making.

Have an awesome weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment