Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Winter is approaching

(costume I made for Crista's 80's theme bachelorette party)


The winter is hitting us early here in Philly and I am not very excited about that. With day light savings in effect, I can already feel the on-set of my winter depression beginning. This will be my 4th winter in the north and I am still not used to it or even close to embracing it. Thank god for training and UV lights, otherwise I would be 15 pounds heavier, paler and severely depressed.

I am still at the same place with my "limbo training" as I call it. I run when I can and want and occasionally lift, but more for the joy and not for specific reasons... well... and so I can still eat the same amount as before without the weight gain and the guilty feelings!!

I am starting to narrow some things down I want to do with my program next year and have been looking into new programs and training tips. I have even had some dreams about the open water swim in the ocean... it's always a good sign that your heads in the game when you start dreaming about the training, especially for it has even started!

I will come out now and admit that I am very nervous about the ocean swim at Chesapeakman. When John and I were on our honeymoon, I did some swimming in the ocean and I didn't really enjoy it. I felt dehydrated very fast. Not because I was drinking the water, but water does get in over time and it dries you out. Also I have heard the currents are very strong in the bay, so that concerns me too. The only positive thing, is that the swim portion is two loops, so you actually exit the water then have to re-enter. I will have to make sure to get several ocean swims into my training.

John and I are approaching our 6month anniversary of being married (don't get nervous we don't really celebrate) and it's crazy how time has really flown by. Married life is good, not really any different than before except all the name change and the financial. You can't just go spend like you did before because it's mutual money. That has been an adjustment... more for me than John!!

This weekend, we are heading back down to D.C. to watch our friend Crista get married to Firoz. I am excited to be her go-to-girl for the day, making sure everything is in the right place looking perfect. I also get to see the babies and steal them from there parents!!!

Have an awesome week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment