Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Where has my training gone?



First let me start off by saying that I finally met Beth from AdventureWoman, in Florida of all places!! It was so great to finally meet such an amazing woman.

I thought going into this race that I would have so much more time on my hands with the wedding behind me…then we bought a house! Anyone who owns a home knows, understands and can be compassionate to a new homeowner. We did not buy a turn-key ready home, we bought a home that needed a ton of work, and that’s what we did. I was lucky to have all the base from the Marathon to hold me over, now it’s serious crunch time.

With the house, family and travel, my training has not been as structured as it was. That is a good and a bad thing. It is good because I know what I need to do and focus on, and it’s bad because the lack of structure messes with me mentally. This week I will be back on track.

This go around, the important aspects of my training will be the cycling. I am a good swimmer and need to keep it up, but it is not my main focus and will not be the make it or break it of the race. Since the bike portion of CM (Chesapeakman) is flat, I can really make up some time. That is where my focus is, and what I have missed most this winter. I have been getting some long hard rides in, starting in FL with the MS150. One day was 93 miles and the second day was 62. This past week I commuted to work, did group rides and got some great long rides in over the weekend in the hills of bucks county. I mixed in some running and my first lake swim of the season. I felt great in the lake, and will be out again on Friday.

The race is 3 months out and I am getting pumped. I still have another month until I am fully satisfied with my training, but I am not dissatisfied with my training thus far. I have an Olympic Tri I am doing in July that I want to podium in, that will be the test of my training.

Dad’s in town this weekend and next weekend is another MS150, this time in Virginia with Team MS is BS, riding with my sister Michele and Alycia and superstar Dad!!

Hope everyone had a great Holiday Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment