Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March Marathon Madness!


This Saturday is the National Marathon. Am I ready is the question you always ask yourself. My body is, I have put the training in, but my foot is a whole different story. The pain seems to change. First it started with bad blisters, then my bone looked to become inflamed. Soon after the the bottom of my foot hurt on pressure, now it’s the side of my foot that hurts. I don’t have shooting or stabing pain that would indicate that something is broken, my foot feels like it walked a theme park, and that feeling happens about 3 miles into my run. Most normal people would not go out and do a marathon in that kind of pain/annoyance, but I did not train in the snow in freezing conditions NOT to race.

***THIS JUST IN: After telling my friend that I was not going to the doctors before the race, I decided to go online and see if I could figure out what it was. Why I didn’t do this before, I don’t know. Under common running injuries, I found that I have a Tailors Bunion. A bunion is a swelling near the bone connecting to the big toe that sticks out at the side. In my case it is by the pinkie toe. The remedy, get it shaved down, or where shoes that aren't to tight and wear a bunion bad over it. I think I will go with the pad first, and see how it goes.***

With that being said, I think I’m going to have a great race. I just hope the weather is nice. This passed Friday we had temps in the mid 70’s, but down it is cold and raining, I even saw ice on my car window this morning. Regardless of what happens, DC I’m coming for you!

In more exciting news, John and I close on our first house a week from today!!! We have been busy packing the apt up and picking out paint colors! Can’t wait to get in and start something!

And in even more exciting news, with the weather being so nice I finally got outside on my bike. I got out of work early on Friday, so John and I went for a ride. It was so nice out, we rode to the Tyler State Park, rode by the new house and the best part of all, stopped at Ritas for an Gelati!!

Sunday was back out on the road for a 60mile ride in the hills of Bucks County. I road better than I thought I would, considering the last long ride I did was the Ironman!! It felt great to be on the bike and can’t wait for more.

I will talk to you after my race, hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment:

  1. You never cease to amaze and inspire me Megan!!! I love you my Iron Adventurewoman!!!! Love, Aunt Barbara

    ReplyDelete